Friday, February 11, 2011

More Snow.........

Hello my faithful followers and those that just found me again. It has been a great winter here, as long as you like snow. Lots of snow.
We keep shoveling it higher and higher. Soon I will need a longer handle on my snow scoop.
We had a few days that it warmed up a bit. An icicle formed on the purgola in front of the house. It was huge and beautiful, the way the setting sun was shining on it. Too bad I didn't get a picture of that.
Even along the side of the road it is getting filled up with snow. All the way along from our place to the end of the road, the snow must be piled ten feet high. The snowplow really winged it back the last time.
If we get a lot of wind now, the road will be closed in no time. But what a beautiful winter it is. I just love it. Tim and I are going to do a poker run tomorrow. It is a snowmobile trip. You have to collect five playing card on the way. And the one with the best hand wins a prize. Well, time to get some sleep and rest up for the big trip.

4 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

Just like the good ol' days! :) It's almost like our first winter in Canada.

Thanks for sharing!

The Nieuwhofs said...

Thats right, brings back memories, thats for sure.

Unknown said...

Wow! that's a lot of snow. Are you guys going to be planting later than usual? :P
I'll bet that Becs, Tim, Manda, & Matt will be glad for the respite from all that snow...

Andre said...

I can almost hear the snowmobiles from here....must come over next winter....André