Friday, May 23, 2008

Change of siding............

We finaly have our new back door in place. Got it late last fall,and then it sat in the barn for the winter. I wanted to finish it before planting. The top pictures shows you how nicely things are greening up here. The flowers are starting to grow as well. We certainly had enough rain lately.
Also put some new siding on the house, as you can see in these pictures. I kind of like the rustic wood look.
Planting has come to a standstill. Last Friday afternoon and Saturday we planted about thirty acres. And we have not turned a wheel since. It was nice yesterday, but is raining again right now.
Matt and Amanda are coming here tonight. We are all looking forward to that.
The stockcar races are starting again tomorrow. Weather permitting. It was cacelled on Monday because of the rain. The farm is sponsoring Walter again this year. I hope that he has fun, it is certainly entertaining for the crowd. Well folks, I hope everyone has a good weekend...........

5 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

Looks fabulous!!! Did you stain it or are you letting it go naturally gray with the weather! Both are a nice look, great job!

Hope the weather cooperates with planting!

Love ya, Tetcy

Dianna said...

Soooo... is this going to be the new look of the house?? Looks pretty cool! I didnt know you guys were planiting already..but now that I think about it, I guess it is that time of the year.. Never actually realized until right now that we are almost already into June..better get you a birthday present soon!! I hope that you are having a great week! We love you! Dianna

Matt n Amanda said...

looks awesome Dad! LOVE YOU!

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Thanks for your comment on my last blog Randall. Mom did great and, besides alot of queasiness yesterday, she is feeling really good today.
The house looks great. I saw it for myself last week and meant to tell you what a great job you did. :) Enjoy.
Karen

Mary and Isaac said...

Wow, I like the new look!!
Good talking to you Dad. I love you.
~ Mary