Friday, April 6, 2007

Spring is here............

Hi to all of you again. A few pictures from PEI. They were taken April 3 'rd, this year. We put the taps in the week before. And it has been cold ever since.
So the trees are not running too fast yet. We had a few good days last week. Amanda took the daycare kids out to the woods. They helped me to put the taps in the trees. Hang the buckets, and so on. We only did a few trees. Of course the weather turned cold again right after. So nothing was running until a few days later. Then the whole group went back to collect the sap and boil it down on the stove in the kitchen. And what better way to finnish the day then pancakes, with fresh maple syrup.

The snow is almost gone now. But everythings is still brown and dead looking outside. There is not a whole lot of frost left in the ground. So,when the temperature does go up, everything should green up quick.
I hope you all are enjoying some time off, and wish you the best for the rest of the weekend.
This is a picture of the old well house that used to sit overtop of the old hand dug well by the house. It is slowly falling apart.
You can also see that the trees are still bare, and the grass is brown.

2 comments:

islandalia said...

What a great page. You guys are totally computer savy! Way to go. It's so great to see what everyone is doing. I love your family.

Dianna said...

hey Dad! Guess what! I finally figured out why in the world your link on my blog didnt work, it had to do with the fact that I had typed something incorrectly on my template, but I fixed it! Hope you guys are having a good easter...Jordan is on duty for the weekend, so I am spending the eater weekend by myself and Xavier. I sure do miss doing maple syrup, and another thing I have missed lately is going to the warehouse and getting potatoes, especially since it is one of my favorite foods these days. But once that bag of potatoes is gone, I have to wait until we go grocery shopping again, to get more...its soo inconvienent! Well I hope you update again soon, I love seeing pictures of everyone on the blog! Man are the kids ever getting big!
Lots of Love Always, Dianna